Sunday, September 20

The Saem - Green Tea Cleansing Water and Cover Perfection Concealer


Today, I will be talking about another popular product from The Saem: the Green Tea Cleansing Water. Ever since Bioderma became popular in Korea, many road shop brands have come out with their own versions of cleansing waters. I have tried a couple, but I think that the The Saem cleansing water is a great affordable alternative to Bioderma.

By the way, I don't use a lot of products from The Saem, but their concealer is another great, affordable product. You can check out my review here.


It retails for 5,500 won (approximately $5) for 300ml of product. I think this is pretty reasonable and it has lasted me for quite a long time. As far as I know, it comes in two types: green tea and tea tree. The green tea is targeted towards drier skin, and the tea tree is targeted towards more oily skin. Although I have skin that is on the oilier side, I chose the green tea version because it is more popular in Korea.

It has a slight, clean scent but it is not overpowering. I noticed that it is not very moisturizing, though I didn't really expect a cleansing water to be so. It removes face makeup very well, and I enjoy using it on exfoliating cotton pads. If I have little makeup on, I will use a cotton pad soaked in the cleansing water and use it to remove may makeup, and rinse with water. If I have more makeup on, I will use a cleansing oil after to deep clean my skin. I always use waterproof mascara and need a separate eye makeup remover, so what's important for me is how well it takes off my face makeup. It's quite refreshing in the morning as well, so I will start off my skincare routine by wiping off the excess skincare and possible remains of makeup with the cleansing water. It's good at waking me up and thoroughly cleaning my skin even without makeup.


Here is a demonstration of the product. I have several swatches of makeup products on my arm, starting with an orange lip tint, red lipstick, black gel eyeliner, black liquid eyeliner, brown waterproof eyeliner, black pencil eyeliner, and brown pencil eyeliner. We will see how well the cleansing water takes off various types of makeup.


Start by taking a cotton pad and soak it with the cleansing water. As you may be able to tell, the ones I like to use have an exfoliating side.


Well? What do you think? This is just after one swipe. Not back and forth, but just once in one direction. It has almost taken all of the lip stain and lipstick off, and there is no trace of the liquid eyeliner. The gel eyeliner has done pretty well, and the brown waterproof eyeliner has not even budged. The black pencil liner has rubbed off a considerable amount, and there is only a slight trace of the brown pencil liner left.


After another swipe, you can only really see the brown waterproof eyeliner. The lip products are gone and you can only just see the black gel liner and pencil liner. I think that the cleansing water has done pretty well! The brown waterproof eyeliner is from Espoir, and has a reputation for being super waterproof and budge-proof.

All in all, I give the The Saem Green Tea Cleansing Water two thumbs up. If you don't wear waterproof eye makeup, it is an even better choice for you. But even for me, who wears exclusively waterproof mascara, the cleansing water is great for removing my face makeup.

I hope you enjoyed today's review!

1 comment:

  1. If you are in search of the cleansing gel then nothing can be a better choice than the green tea cleansing gel. The gel is manufactured out of a unique formula which tends to clarify the skin perfectly within a short time span. On the other hand, the green tea extract in to the gel is appropriate for works excellently for clarifies the skin cells.

    ReplyDelete