Tuesday, September 15

Concealer Comparison & Review: The Face Shop Face It Radiance Concealer Dual Veil and The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer


Today, I will be comparing two concealers that are extremely popular in Korea: The Face Shop Face It Radiance Concealer Dual Veil and The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer. Having used both for over 6 months, I can say that there are definite pros and cons to both products.


Both have fairly similar doe-foot applicators, making the application process quite convenient. However, The Face Shop concealer has a stick concealer on the other end. Though I didn't think that I would find the stick concealer useful, it is fairly good to use on the go. I'm not sure why, but I prefer the stick when I'm touching up throughout the day. I don't use either of the doe-foot applicators directly on my face, in fear of contaminating the product with bacteria.


With no concealer

Top - The Face Shop liquid concealer
Middle - The Face Shop stick concealer
Bottom - The Saem concealer

When it comes to the formula and consistency of the two products, they are quite different. The Face Shop concealer is much lighter in texture, and fairly moisturizing. This makes it ideal for concealing dark circles. I like to use the The Face Shop concealer under my eyes. On the other hand, the The Saem concealer is much thicker, and has much, much better coverage. It is great for concealing blemishes and discoloration. However, it can appear to be too thick when applied in excess, and isn't very moisturizing.

Due to the differences in consistency and texture, I chose different colors. I chose a shade lighter than my skin tone in the The Face Shop concealer, and a shade that is exactly my skin tone for the The Saem concealer. This has also allowed me to use the The Face Shop concealer as a highlighter, and I also often use it on the bridge of my nose and on the sides of my mouth to bring more light to those areas. A point to note, however, is that the stick concealer on the The Face Shop concealer has less coverage than the liquid side.

A further point to mention is that neither of the concealers seem to last very long on my skin without powder. Though the The Saem concealer has a bit more lasting power, it still disappears quite easily. However, my skin is super oily, so it might be different for other people.

All in all, the pros of the The Face Shop concealer are that: 1. The stick concealer is convenient for on-the-go use. 2. It is moisturizing and feels light on the skin. The cons are that: 1. It has light coverage. 2. It doesn't last very long.
The pros of the The Saem concealer are that: 1. It has very good coverage. But, the cons are that: 1. It is not moisturizing. 2. It can seem thick with too much product.

It depends on what you are looking in a concealer, but I think that I've got all bases covered with these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment